*Disclaimer:

May contain profane language and distateful ideas. Spoiled Charlotte is in no way affliated with the FBI, CIA, ASIO, French Foreign Legion or the Governments of Australia or Guam. The views expressed herein are in no way endorsed by Pfizer, Woolworths, Monsanto, Arnotts, Oprah or Miley Cyrus, which is a shame. We would have been so good together.




Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Was Accosted By Jim Henson

Yesterday my blessed bestie chirpily announced that my photo was to appear in the next edition of the local haemorroid tabloid's so-shall pay-jes.  This came as no surprise of course, because I'm a socialite who attends openings, gala performances, balls and miscellaneous charity functions on a regular basis.  Or maybe just the odd barbecue.  Anyway, I was pointed in the direction of disc and computer and told to take a browse at the photos from the latest gala event (mentioned in a recent post).  This was cause for much excitements because prior to said event Charlotte was rather chuffed that she scrubbed up rather better than expected.  In fact all that was missing was my tiara and the paparazzi.
Then I saw the photo.
There were three people in the photo.
To the left a rather handsome ex-football star, to the right Eidelweiss The Ethereal, resplendent in her diaphanous Grecian creation and in the middle was......was......a Muppet.
Somewhere between home and the gala event of the year I had been accosted by the spirit of Jim Henson.
Man, I could really give Doris Stokes a run for her money, because I was channelling Miss Piggy in some kind of SCARY big way.  Not only that.....Miss Piggy also had a fruit bat tangled in her hair!  And there I was thinking it was a rather comely 1940s style silk bow.
My shriek of horror was met with a "What? I thought it was a really good photo of you.  It's so cute."
(And that, incidentally, is why you may sometimes see a short woman wandering the streets of ******* with a paper bag over her head).
"Cute," I reminded her "is Pugsley Addams.  I thought I had more of a Angelina Jolie thing happening."
(I then muttered, because I'm a snark, something about it being alright for her....she who looks like Courtney Cox Arquette on a really good day).
Of course, always the eternal optimist, every cloud has a silver lining.  That photo is sure to make some Sesame Street fans very happy.   I'll probably be cut and pasted on kinder and school projects across the town   globe.  So I'm practically famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment